The Newcomb Sportsmen’s Club property
is a 7,000+-acre recreational preserve leased from Upper Hudson Woodlands ATP, LP” . Upper Hudson contracts with F&W Forestry Services, Inc to manage the lands..The club was established in 1958 and is one of the longest lived
clubs in the area. It is situated in the high peaks region of the Adirondack
Mountains off Route 28N south of Tahawus in the Town
of Newcomb, Essex County, New York. The club property also provides
access to Newcomb Lake and the State-owned Santononi Preserve.
November General Membership Meeting
The Fall General Membership meeting scheduled for Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 7 PM was originally to be held at the Newcomb Fire House. Since the Fire House is undergoing renovations, the meeting location has been changed to the Visitors Interpretation Center (VIC) located on NYS RT 28N. The entrance to the VIC is located west of the Fire House across from the stone-walled cemetery. This change in location is only for this meeting. The Spring Meeting will take place at the Fire House. The Board of Directors meeting will take place at 5 PM at Joe Novak’s house. If you have any questions call Walt at 518-783-8749.